CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
(CSR Policy under the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014)
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
PantherShieldz believes operating in a responsible and sustainable manner is crucial. While we run our business in line with the expectations of diverse demands, we also see corporate responsibility as a discipline that helps us to manage risks and maximize on the opportunities available to us in a changing world. Our Corporate Governance Policies are intended to provide a framework for the governance and adherence to our policies and related operating procedures is the responsibility of everybody. We are committed to understanding, monitoring and managing our social, environmental and economic impact to enable us to contribute to society’s wider goal of sustainable development. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our core values and we aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
At PantherShieldz, we define Corporate Social Responsibility as follows:
• Conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner;
• Protecting the environment and the safety of people;
• Supporting human rights; and
• Engaging, learning from, respecting and supporting the communities and cultures within which we work.
DEDICATED TO LARGE-SCALE CHANGE AND DURABLE PROGRAMMES
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Conduct programs which aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to create an adoptable demonstration model for state governments.
AS PANTHERSHIELDZ IS THE STRONG BELIEVER IN THE PHILOSOPHY OF “GOVERNMENT OF INDIA” THE NATION AS “ INDIA”
In alignment with our Statement on Business Conduct and Ethics, PantherShieldz will ensure that all matters of Corporate Social Responsibility are considered and supported in our operations and administrative matters and are consistent with PantherShieldz Principles.
PantherShieldz is committed for being recognized as a follower in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and recognizes that in doing so, we will add significant value for society.
This Policy applies to activities undertaken by or on behalf of PantherShieldz. All PantherShieldz employees, suppliers and contractors are to adopt the Corporate Social Responsibility considerations described in this policy into their day-to-day work activities. PantherShieldz leaders are to act as role models by incorporating these considerations into decision-making in all business activities. PantherShieldz leaders are to ensure that appropriate organizational structures are in place to effectively identify, monitor, and manage Corporate Social Responsibility issues and performance relevant to our business. This Policy is built on the following areas that reflect existing and emerging standards of Corporate Social Responsibility:
Business Ethics and Transparency
PantherShieldz is committed for maintaining the highest standards of integrity and corporate governance practices in order to maintain excellence in its daily operations, and to promote confidence in its governance systems. We will conduct its business in an open, honest, and ethical manner. We recognize the importance of protecting all of our human, financial, physical, informational, social, environmental, and reputational assets. We will advise its partners, contractors, and suppliers of its Corporate Social Responsibility Policy, and will work with them to achieve consistency with this policy. PantherShieldz is committed to measure, audit and track the performance of its Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
Objectives of the Policy
The CSR policy of PantherShieldz is governed with a focus on education, employability, environmental sustainability and animal welfare. The primary objective of the CSR policy (“Programs”) is to govern and enhance employability of the future generations and enhance the sustainability of the non-profit organizations. PantherShieldz will review these focus areas from time to time and make additions or deletions, based on the priorities for each year. The objectives of PantherShieldz will be achieved by:
- Driving measurable change in our communities and
- Inspiring our actions as society change makers, and instilling great pride in knowing that what we do best–applying our skills and expertise to accelerate positive societal impact.
- The Governance Model
Constitution of the CSR Committee
Pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013, and applicable Rules therein the Board of Directors shall constitute the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee. The CSR committee shall hold at least one CSR Committee meeting in a financial year. The CSR Committee shall decide the CSR programs and initiatives for each financial year and accordingly recommend the agenda to the Board of Directors. The CSR agenda for the financial year shall indicate the activities to be undertaken for the financial year and the expenditure to be incurred on the CSR programs and initiatives.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall take into account the recommendations made by the CSR Committee and approve the CSR programs for PantherShieldz .
Role and due diligence of the CSR Committee
- a) To formulate and recommend to the Board of Directors, the CSR Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Act and the applicable Rules;
- b) To recommend CSR activities to be undertaken by the Company in collaboration with PantherShieldz ’s affiliate companies or any other company or any other entity;
- c) To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities;
- d) To formulate the CSR Budget based on the CSR activities planned for the year;
- e) To create an effective due diligence and monitoring mechanism for implementation of the
approved CSR activities;
- f) To submit reports to the Board of Directors in respect of the CSR activities undertaken by PantherShieldz and
- g) To decide on the locations for CSR activities.
- Programs under the Policy
In accordance with Schedule VII of the Act and the Rules, PantherShieldz shall undertake CSR activities included in its plan for that year, as recommended by the CSR Committee at the beginning of each year. The Committee is authorized to approve any modification to the existing CSR plan or to propose any new program during the financial year under review.
The programs planned for the year will be reviewed annually during April/May of each financial year by CSR committee, which in turn shall present the annual agenda to the board of directors, for adoption and approval for each financial year.
Inter alia, some of the signature year-round programs which PantherShieldz involves in are as follows:
- Volunteering: Leveraging our people’s skills and competencies in volunteering to impact local communities.
- DCLC: Deliver state-of-the-art knowledge sessions to empower non-profit organizations and help them enhance their core competencies and expertise. • IMPACT Day: Leverage our people’s intellectual skills to define and create a meaningful impact in our communities.
- Strategic donations: Firm donations to strategic priority projects to confirm our commitment to impact the community.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ACTIVITIES IN COLLABORATION WITH NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION
Promotion of creative and Innovative education:-we are committed for our positive and reformative contribution to the society therefore we like to spread awareness related to education. One of the main features of education is
- I) Paperless study :-New technology is constantly making its way into the classroom in an attempt to improve the learning and many universities and schools are using devices e.g. Portable Ruff Pad E-Writer,computers and mobile in the classroom to enhance students’ academic performance. This use of technology can create a paperless classroom.
- II) ACCESS to the internet:-internet has revolutionized the world as it has eradicated the borders and compelled the nations to stand on the same platform:- One way is by using paperless rough pads etc instead of books, paper and pens, and supplementing the paperless rough pads etc with Blackboard software as well as using an overhead projector.
III) Sustainable:- The first advantage is simply not having any physical paper that can be lost or forgotten and that may perish over time.
- IV) Encouragement to students- a tedious task, especially when the copier breaks down. Rather than photocopying, a document can be uploaded to Blackboard and the students can access the document using their paperless rough pads etc. Students do not need to develop a filing system, and even disorganized students can find their lecture notes organized for them on Blackboard by the teacher.
- V) Revolutionizing the classroom:- teacher is no longer tied to the desk and can walk around freely while presenting information on the whiteboard. This greater freedom of movement is useful as the teacher can circulate and ascertain that the students are following and not encountering difficulties.
III) Environment Friendly: Without any arguments education saves tree, because PantherShieldz believes “Think before you print”
A focus on innovation and training Youth Programmes
Pratham's strategies reconfigure teaching methodologies, break down traditional tactics, and challenge the current rote learning mechanisms in our schools. Its programs are innovative and outcome-driven. As the way it has developed innovative teaching-learning methods, materials, and measurement methods. It has also pioneered a nationwide survey of schooling and learning that has had a major impact on national and international policy discussions.
Programs Results And Accountability
All programs are designed to ensure that learning levels in schools and communities increase, education reaches all children who are in school or unable to use school facilities, and youth get well trained for job opportunities. Testing tools are also developed by the Pratham team to check the learning levels of children so as to determine the course of action best suited to each child and to assess impact of our programs.
A Powerful Voice In The Education Sector
Over the years, advocacy in the education sector has become well recognized and regarded. The Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) has become an important input in the education policies of both the Central and State Governments with several State Governments using the findings to help define their education programs each year. It has also been significant in defining a qualitative agenda in education and is widely acknowledged in government and policy circles inside and outside of India.
A Diverse Team Unified By A Common Goal
Activities planned to comprise development of professionals, media professionals, corporate professionals, workers, activists, PhDs, MBAs, CAs, civil servants, bankers, consultants, and anyone else who brings their experiences, expertise, and perspectives to the organization. What unifies them is the common goal of improving the future of our children and youth.